Saturday 22 June 2013

The importance of being honest.

I am the biggest hypocrite of them all when it comes to body image. I spout all this stuff like, "be happy in your own skin", "believe you're beautiful", "who cares what you look like, its what's inside that counts" and "you're just wasting time wishing you were someone else."
I say it repeatedly to all my friends who complain about themselves but the worst thing about it is, I never seem to believe any of this myself. Personally I think its all a load of bollocks. 

So i'm going to challenge myself and for the next month, see if I'm going to stop thinking negative thoughts, see if I can change my thoughts on body image and focus on the positive. Its all about being honest with yourself. Its about saying, "hey I'm never going to be that celebrity I want to be" because lets face it, we are stuck with ourselves and its about making the most of it, loving our smiles, the sparkle in our eyes and those faults we seem to hate ourselves for. Its time to believe in ourselves, start looking away from the runway, the magazines and the red carpet and embrace our personalities and start loving ourselves for who we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment